Odisha PSC Civil Service Syllabus 2018, Odisha PSC Civil Service Exam Pattern 2018:-Odisha Public Service Commission [OPSC] is going to organize Pre & Mains Odisha Civil Services Exam-2018. Odisha PSC Civil ServiceCommission organize the recruitment exam Pre written exam and after then a Mains Written exam will be held by the authorize Authority of Odisha. Here on this
Here on this page we will offer full detailed all syllabus and exam pattern for both pre and main exam. This syllabus will help of you to preparation for exams. You can see and download the Odisha PSC Civil Service Syllabus 2018from official portal and here on this page also.
Odisha PSC Civil Service Syllabus 2018:
- Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Policy, Panchayati Raj, Public Rights Issues, etc.
- Current event of National and International importance
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World
- General Issues on Environmental Bio-diversity, Ecology and Climate Change that do not require subject specialization, and General Science.
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Economic and Social Development sustainable Development, inclusion, Poverty, Social Sector Initiative, Demographics etc.
- General Mental Ability
- Logical Reasoning and Analytic ability
- Interpersonal Skills including communication skills
- English Language Comprehension Skills (Class-X level)
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Basic numeracy (orders of magnitude, numbers and their relations) (Class-X level) Data interpretation (Graphs, Charts, Tables, Data Sufficiency etc. — Class-X level
Odisha PSC Civil Service Mains-Exam Written Examination
Mains Exam Pattern: The Main Examination shall consist of the following papers and each paper shall be of 3 hours duration and Interview will be of 250 Marks.
|Paper-I||Oriya Language||300 Marks|
|Paper-IV||General Studies- I||300 Marks|
|Paper-V||General Studies- II||300 Marks
|Paper- VI, VII, VIII & IX||Any two subjects from the optional subjects||300 Marks for each paper|
Odisha PSC Civil Service Mains-Exam Syllabus:
Detailed exam syllabus for OPSC civil Service Syllabus 2018 exam is given below:-
PAPER-I & II: The main target of the paper is to test the candidates’ ability to understand serious discursive prose & ability to understand Odia or English language clearly & correctly.
The pattern of questions would broadly be as follows:-
- Expansion of an idea: 20 Marks
- Comprehension of a given passage: 30 Marks
- Translation from English/Odia to Odia/English: 30 Marks
- Précis writing with a passage of around 1000 words: 40 Marks
- Grammar, usage and vocabulary: 80 Marks
- Short Essay of around 1000 words: 100 Marks
PAPER-III: Competitor will be required to write an Essay on a given specific topic. Competitor may select their subject from the given choice
Odisha PSC Civil Service Syllabus 2018 Exam Pattern:
Odisha PSC Civil Service Pre Exam Pattern will be as follows:
- The Preliminary Written Exam Test will be multiple choice objective types.
- There will be 2 papers in Pre-Exam.
- Time duration of each paper is 2 hour [120 minutes]
- Both paper will have marks and subject as follows:
Paper Subject Marks
Paper-I General Studies [GS] 200 Mark
Paper-II General Studies [GS] 200 Mark